Thanks to everyone who worked the Boosters concessions stands with us and bought a refreshing drink or tasty snack from us!
With your help, just this spring, together we have
- provided over $1,000 to 13 clubs, teams, and classes whose parents and teacher sponsors worked the concessions stand with us, including
- the lacrosse (boys and girls), soccer (boys and girls), football, crew, track, softball, and baseball teams; Color Guard; Young Life; and sophomore and junior classes.
- funded $640 for competition, conference, and other expenses for the track team, girls lacrosse team, and Best Buddies.
- contributed $750 to scholarships: $500 to the Wakefield High School Education Fund in loving memory of Donovan Humphries who, along with his amazing daughter Tiera Bonnefond, devoted endless hours of enthusiastic support to Wakefield and $250 to the Northern Virginia Athletic Directors, Administrators, and Coaches Association scholarship fund, which Warriors have received!
Thanks to Alissa Karton for running a very successful sale of Senior Signs!
Did you know that Boosters also pays the $2,000 annual conference fee that enables all of our sports teams to compete?
Boosters also provides the following very important services to Wakefield:
- operating the concessions stands during games and events, giving our families and guests a way to get some dinner;
- giving our kids valuable work experience (for some, it’s the first time they ever provide customer service and/or handle cash);
- instilling in our kids pride in their clubs/teams/school and in volunteering/working to earn money towards a specific goal; and
- selling Wakefield spirit wear
We couldn’t do it without you!!
We’ll be in touch this summer to solicit volunteers to kick off the new school year. Feel free to reach out to any of us if you’d like to help out. For more information, see https://wakefield.apsva.us/family/boosters/
|Wakefield Boosters – Wakefield
GO WARRIORS! The Wakefield Boosters are made up of parents, staff and alumni who work to support the extra-curricular activities of our Wakefield students.
Beth Connors, President
Susan DuBois, Vice President and Spirit Wear Coordinator
Noel Deskins, Secretary
Cheryl Goodman, Treasurer